Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sunset Swing

While going through old photos I discovered these photos that my son took of my granddaughter Cadence. I thought, why haven't I scrapped these photos, I love them!
 I love the tone in the photos, taken at sunset at one of our local parks. I love the pure joy on her face on the swing. 
The only reason I can think of is that at the time I didn't have a paper or embellishments to compliment them and along came Irrevocable Beauty - Petrarch and the laser cut shapes to match Irrevocable Beauty - Laser Cut Shapes 



I know I raved about the laser cut shapes in my last blog post,,,, but for an aging scrapbooker, who's eyes aren't what they use to be, either that or I need new glasses. These laser cut pieces are a god send.


I'm in love with the new stamps that go with the Irrevocable Beauty range  Irrevocable Beauty - Wander - Stamp Set  and mixed Snapshots of Yesterday - Stamp Set I felt they were perfect!
I'm terrible at getting the sewing machine out when I'm in the throws of creating. The Crazy Stitch - Stamp Set is the cheats way of putting stitches on your layout and I'm all for cheating in this way!
I stamped the Camera and the word 'snapshots' on patterned paper and cut them out. Once glued down I decided that corner of the page needed a little more, so I masked the images of the camera and the word and stamped the daisies over the top. 
Masking is a technique used when stamping. Place a piece of scrap paper over what you don't want stamped and the stamped image looks like it's behind the original image. 




Omgosh,,, the teeny, tiny ladybugs are adorable on the Irrevocable Beauty - Laser Cut Shapes I just added a little curve to the shapes and popped them on the page.



                                                      Vintage Artistry - Sky Collection Pack





 Snapshots of Yesterday      Crazy Stitching           Irrevocable Beauty       Vintage Artistry - Natural
        Stamp Set                        Stamp Set              Wander - Stamp Set              Washi Tape Vintage 
  

Till next time

Happy Creating



























      
                                  



No comments: