Friday, February 12, 2021

Us Three

Hi there, here is the first of two layouts for February for 49 and Market. This one is of myself and my brother and sister. We are very lucky and I'm very grateful to have a great relationship with them both. My brother lives in New Zealand so having a photo of us three together these days is very rare. That's me in the middle in both photos.
I love that my dad loved to take photos of us when we were younger. A lot of the photos are still on slides or are not the best of quality now. But we can still look back and reminisce together at photos from days gone by. 

I used Vintage Artistry Wedgewood - Afterglow as my base for this layout.  I ripped the top an bottom off the  Vintage Artistry Wedgewood - Rarified and stuck that to the middle of the Afterglow page. Using the Afterglow as background, the burnt orange colour of helped the same tones stand out once the page came together. 
I matted my photo on some white card, then matted it once more on the darker side of the Rarified paper. I added some scrap chippy to the back so that when it was stuck to the page it had a little height.
I also used the Rarified paper inside the Vintage frame with the hinge from the laser cut sheet in the Wedgewood 12x12 Collection pack.

I played with pieces from the Wedgewood Laser cut sheet and Emphemera pack to create the layers behind the photo. Once happy I glued it all in place then proceeded to arrange the floral embellishment to the left of the photo.
I like to add a little curve to the flowers and leaves before gluing them in place. 
I cut the rub-ons I chose to use as these were done towards the end of construction. They are so easy to slide then rub here and there on a layout.
To finish I poked extra pieces of the ephemera pack here and there until I was happy. Placed some lase cut sequence and seed beads in place and a few of the stitch lines from the Roughly Sewn Rub-ons I love how they really do look like you've had the sewing machine out.

Finally I added a few of the pre-glued Wishing Bubbles and Baubles form the Coral pack along with the title and some dates.
I used the Wedgewood Washi Tape to cover the little panels in the picture reel I've used in the background. Such a quick and easy way to cover pieces.
How cool are the ink splodges from the Vintage Artistry Sky/Navy Rub-on Transfers and I'm totally loving the new Wishing Bubbles and Baubles. 
One of my favourite rub-on designs from the Vintage Artistry Wedgewood Rub-Ons

49 and Market Products Used:
⮙⮛A Closer look at the awesome laser cut sheet from the pack⮙⮛

Until Next Time
Happy Creating
Audrey x




No comments: