Tuesday, December 28, 2021

The Joy of December

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.  Such a magical time of year for most. These photos of my granddaughter were captured by my son a few years ago as she took a break from helping me decorate the tree that year. I love them so much.

Did you know it's not to late to join the 49 and Market Sketch Challenge for this month. I often use the sketches as a mojo kick starter. I start off following the sketch and in the end it quite often turns out nothing like it!! The pure fact that I actually got a layout finished or that I sat and created at all and thought of nothing more that what I was doing in those exact moments, I find is food for my soul. If I get a layout or project completed it's a bonus. I hope you too, can find some creating time real soon. 

This time though I stuck with the sketch BUT rotated it and this is what I created.  After seeing the sketch I knew exactly what paper I wanted to use. Well actually, the first thing that came to mind when I seen the sketch and thought of doing it, was those fabulous frames in the Vintage Artistry Ephemera Bits!!! I started by using the Vintage Artistry Peace and Joy  - Starry Paper as my base. I trimmed the Vintage Artistry Peace and Joy - Holly Paper so that I could see a border of the Starry paper then ripped a strip and stuck it to the bottom of the main page leaving a border. I didn't apply any glue or tape to the ripped edge so that I could tuck bits behind it, including a strip of the Vintage Artistry Peace and Joy Yuletide paper. As usual I played with placement of things and tucked frames, laser cuts, bows etc in between all the papers. I added some Wishing Bubbles and Trinkets and to finish off some rub on transfers from Vintage Artistry Peace and Joy.



⮝⮟ The awesome laser cut sheets in the Collection ⮝⮟
⮝⮟ The awesome laser cuts in the Peace and Joy 8x6 Collection ⮝⮟
Until next time
Merry Christmas
Audrey x

No comments: