Saturday, November 13, 2021

Something a little different for my current post for 49 and Market.

Recently I was looking my local thrift shop for a particular thing I was having trouble finding elsewhere and this little dress form just spoke to me. $2 and a little creative mojo began to come to mind. Mmmm,,, I could cover this with 49 and Market's washi!!

Here's a little guide to how I did it.

I love to colour 49's washi and as some of you have probably gathered one of my favourite colours is teal.

I coloured the washi before applying it to the form using water colour pencils. I only have a very basic set of colours so I played with mixing two together to get a nice teal colour. I also used a sky blue and a pink. The washi sheets take the water beautifully so you can get it quite wet while playing. I lightly sanded the form then applied the tape, trimming and ripping as I went. I rubbed the washi smooth with my finger and didn't worry too much about creases as I like a little distress look anyhow. Once I was happy with the overall coverage I used a blue pencil here and there in any gaps, then applied water to blend. Once dry I added some Vintage Artistry Teal and Mango Rub on Transfers over the washi here and there.

I gathered the strip of tulle using a large stitch and pulled it tight around the waist of the form then added some hot glue to secure it. I then sewed another gathering stitch through the middle of the Lacey trim in white and pulled and secured that in place on the waist also, adding hot glue for extra strength. I made two little tags from the laser cut from Vintage Artistry Teal 6x6 Collection, added two very messy bows to them with some embroidery thread in teal. I added more of the thread to the front right of the dress form then glued two of the lager Sugar Posies in Fluff over it. I then glued three of the Sugar Stems in Fluff to the right of them followed by a chipboard flourish then the two tags. I then placed some Wishing Bubbles and Baubles in Teal and Sky in place on the tag and the tulle. I finished off with a chipboard heart and arrows. 




  
       
Until Next Time
Happy Creating 
Audrey x

No comments: