Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Sky Above, Earth Below, Peace Within

Hi there, here’s my ny next post for January for 49 and Market.
Fresh crisp and back to nature. Vintage Artistry Naturalist has all this and more. I created a window scene using the beautiful arched doors from the Naturalist laser cut sheet

The photos behind them is of my little piece of Zen in my back garden where my meditating gnome sits as a reminder to me to take a mindful moment to breathe & be grateful. And what a perfect quote from laser cut sheet, ‘Sky Above, Earth Below, Peace Within’.

I began by playing with positioning the Vintage Artistry Essentials Stitched Frames and the doors. Once happy I cut one frame diagonally in half, applied foam tape behind the frames and stuck one half in place to the top left and the other slightly lower to the right of where the doors will sit. 

I then proceeded to place and stick the photos behind the doors, then applied two layers of foam tape to various places at the back of the doors and stuck them in place. I overlapped two frames and stuck in place with a couple of layers of foam tape. I chose laser cuts from both Vintage Artistry Naturalist & In the Leaves along with flowers to fill the frames, in front and behind them. I placed  more laser cuts on and around the doors. 

To finish off I glued the quote to chipboard and cut it to fit on the door.

No comments: