Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Butterflies and Rainbows - Journal

Hi Audrey here once again with another journal. This one was a labour of love and has been under construction for a couple of months now but finally finished, so made with a little more love than usual as it’s one for my granddaughter who turns eleven soon. It's  made with 49 and Market’s Spectrum Collection. The cover is from an old book that matches Spectrum perfectly and the signatures inside made with lined, blank and beautifully bright Spectrum papers. She loves to write and draw so I made sure there was plenty of space for that. Pages that she can fill with ideas, drawings and 11yr old girl goodness.
Once I’d made the inside pages, I sewed the signatures to the spine of the book and lined the inside covers with Vintage Artistry Blush - Radiate and Serene papers.
 
I covered the stiches on the spine with Spectrum Sherbet - 4" Collage Fabric Tape adding a little pva glue for extra strength. 
I then went through the journal page by page and added laser cuts and fussy cut elements along with lots and lots of rub-ons and washi tape. I've cut some pages to fit, ripped others. I made little drawing pads for other pages that can easily be replaced when full. Lots of pockets with tags that have extra paper attached and lots of hidden tucks, flips and surprises for her to explore. 
The journal was made with the style of a junk journal in mind so I wanted texture added to pages also. I dyed 49 and Market's Lacey Trim to match the beautiful rainbow colours of Spectrum. It was glued, sewn, ripped and stapled to pages and tags etc. As well as tied to the spine of the journal where I added paper beads and tassels,{see video on our YouTube Channel on how to make these cute additions} along with painted charms and beads to match. These were threaded and sewn in place to form a cute little collection to dangle on the side.
Some of the other things I did inside as embellishments was to attach folded strips of washi and fabric tape stapled or stuck  to clips. Cut scraps of lace and stapled them in place 
I cut up the whole fussy cut sheet from the Spectrum Sherbet - 12x12 Sherbet Classics Pack. It gave me so much more to play with.
To finish off I added painted chipboard pieces and the butterfly bauble from Wishing Bubbles and Baubles - Blush
Until Next Time
Happy Creating
Audrey x

No comments: