Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Life is Magical - Layout

Hi there Audrey here again with another layout. Everything about creating this layout came together so well, all because of a gorgeous product. As usual 49 and Market has out done themselves and created some more beautiful products to help your creativity come together. I loved creating with the New Vintage Artistry Serenity. The tones were perfect for this photo of my granddaughter Cadence dressed as Galadriel, the Elven Queen from Lord of the Rings. She dressed as her for Book Week this year at school recently.

I started with a base of darker paper Serenity - Solids Paper 1, to frame the layout from the  Vintage Artistry Serenity - Solids 12x12 collection Pack. I then trimmed a small about from two sides of the Vintage Artistry Serenity - Quiet Moments from the Vintage Artistry Serenity - 12x12 Collection Pack. I matted my photo on the paper - Brief Glimpse from the collection pack also. I cut two more pieces from the same paper for behind the photo. I stuck these down with some tape just in the centre back as usual so the I could tuck ephemera etc behind if I wished later and as you can see I did just that. The photo is stuck down with some foam mount to add some depth. I cut a thin strip of  the Brief Glimpse paper, thin enough to thread through the eyelet lace in the Vintage Artistry Serenity - Laser Cut Elements. I scrunched this strip to distress it and make it more pliable to thread through. I then glued the lace in place with foam mount, leaving high and low points so it looked like real lace when stuck down. I then tuck the blue lace underneath this in the same way, then added little frayed bits of Lacey Trim in white, here and there amongst the eyelet laser cut lace.

The new Vintage Artistry Serenity - Washi Tape Set is so beautiful. I tucked a small amount to the left of the photo and ripped some paper to sit behind the ornate frame to the right of the photo and added washi to that. Glued it to the back of the frame and added the words 'Life is Magical' from the Serenity 6x8 Rub on Transfer Set and stuck the whole lot in place with some hot glue. Leaving some height behind for tucking extra bits like laser cut foliage, ephemera and Lacey Trim. To finish off I made a collection of lace, laser cuts and the NEW paper flowers to each side of the photo. I applied these using hot glue.



I used the following papers from this pack.⮛

No comments: