Friday, January 8, 2021

Puppy Love

Happy New Year. I hope 2021 is a happy and healthy one for you and you find time in this new year for yourself, with lots of creating.

Here's my first project for the year for 49 and Market

The bond between my granddaughter and her dog, Daisy is evident in these photos. I love them. 

I've used mostly 49 and Market's Vintage Artistry Everyday to create this layout. The colours are perfect for the tones in the photos. 

I usually like to mat my photos, here I used Vintage Artistry Everyday - Lucent Ladies. The solid colour first then the lighter patterned side. I'm loving how there is now near solid colours in the packs to play with that coordinate. Once I've matted the photo I apply mounting tape or scrap chipboard behind, sometimes two or three layers to give depth on the page. 

I chose larger pieces from the laser cut sheets in the Vintage Artistry Everyday 12x12 Collection pack and stuck them down for the background. Only applying glue to the center back. This gives me the option of sticking more paper or ephemera etc behind. 

I don't stick my photos down until I'm sure of placement and I only stick the back, center. That way, again the option of placing more behind.The rub-ons glide onto paper and photos with ease. I used two of the rub-on hearts from the pack. One over the other.I'm just a little bit obsessed with the tiny seed beads on the rub-on sheets and I can't believe how much rub-on's are actually on each sheet!!

There's a tiny touch of purple on the Vintage Artistry Everyday - Garden Variety paper, so I've added small amount of the same colour from the Vintage Artistry Butter/Lilac Rub On Transfers on my page. I never would have thought of using a purple with these tone,,, but it kinda works!! 
 Market Products Used:
⮙⮛A Closer look at the awesome laser cut sheet from the pack⮙⮛

No comments: