Thursday, May 19, 2022

Colours of the Rainbow Folio

I'd like to share a little mini album with you. It's all ready for photos, each frame in the album can be lifted and a photo stuck with in it. I find the pocket folios from 49 and Market, so handy. Used on their own or an addition to other Foundation albums and binders. They make a lovely interactive pieces and can be made in various configurations to create unique mini albums. They come with magnets for easy closure. Folio measures 6.25 x 8.25 x .5″ when scored and closed.
I used lots of the Spectrum Collection to bring this Folio together. 
After constructing the folio, grab two magnets and work out positioning, one on the inside of the closing flap at the front and one on the front cover, stick them in place with some double sided tape. 
I used Spectrum Sherbet Fabric tape - Collage to cover part of the front {over the magnet} and two inside, side pages. You'll notice these have pockets. I applied the tape over the whole side as I wanted a continued look. I then carefully cut using a blade where the pocket starts on each side. 
I used Spectrum Sherbet Fabric tape - Pallets along the bottom of both the inside centre pages. 
I used the extra templet in the folio pack to give my front flap some extra strength. I centred the beautiful violet rub on transfer on  it then glued it to the front, ran a length of Spectrum Sherbet - Washi Tape Assortment Set across the top  edge and the stitched washi from that set around the edge and down the side of the fabric tape on the front cover, to look like rainbow stitching. The stitching you have when you're not really stitching!! 
I then  used   the Spectrum Sherbet - 12x12 Tidal Wave Rub on Transfer Sheet on the main cover and a couple of the inside pages. Oh, Lordy,,, I have to say I did get a tad excited when I seen these rub on transfers. I love the size, the beautiful lace pattern and the colours!! 
One of the options while constructing the folio is to build a section of pockets. I used mine in the centre of the album. I decided I wanted to  apply  the Spectrum Sherbet - 6x8 Leaves Rub on Transfers across all of the slots. Once applied I carefully used my blade along the edges of each pocket to cut the rub on.
I also used a strip on the inside centre pages, practically on the card and practically on the fabric tape. Yes it rubs on to the tape!
Using a selection of washi tape I added strips to pages here and there, top and bottom, to fill the pages until I was happy. I did add some more later also.
Next I chose frames from the Spectrum Sherbet - Tidal Wave Frame Set and the Spectrum Sherbet - Strawberry Lemonade Frame Set. Lots of mix and match die-cut pieces including chipboard frames and cardstock ones, to mix and match however you like. I played with placement on each section of the folio and glued them in place but only gluing one side or a corner of the frame so that I can place photos behind or in them.
I created each page of the folio individually once the frames were in place using a variety of beautiful bright Spectrum Sherbet and Strawberry Lemonade embellishments and rub on transfers. Some elements I placed behind the frames but most in front. Some I mounted with foam tape and others are flat. Staying aware at all time that I wanted the folio to be able to close using the magnets. But you could make a  different closure if your folio gets too thick.
Once I'd finished the main album I used the same supplies to make tags and journaling spots to tuck in the side and centre pockets. These make an extra spot for photos.
To finish off I added extra rub on transfers, metal clips and words.

A little run through video of the album.





Until Next Time
Happy Creating
Audrey x

No comments: