Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Journal Page - Soul Happy

I'm a bit obsessed with 49 and Market's Washi tape rolls. I especially love using them in my art journals. Definitely my 'go to' for an embellishment here and there, for use as as a full page, for support when building pages. The use is endless. 

I often sit to create and can't find any mojo. More often or not I'll start a journal page just to get the creative juices going. Some pages get started and not finished but this one I kept going with. I was really just playing but decided to video as I went and if a page became of it, that was a bonus. This time it payed off and there's a short video of how the pages came together.

Here I used the Curators Essential - 4" Washi tape Roll - Botanical to take up nearly the whole page, leaving some of the page without. I wanted to share how I colour the washi. It's actually quite simple and I haven't spent a fortune on mediums to do so. I use a very common brand of coloured pencils here in Australia, Faber Castell. These ones are just the basic water colour ones. You can purchase them in most supermarkets here.You will see in the video how I apply the pencil darker on the edges or in the centre of the image, or both. Wet my brush and pull the colour over the image. The great thing about colouring on this washi is if you make a mistake and if you're quick you can usually add more water and wash it off. Being water colour the more water you add the lighter the colour.

I played and coloured until I was happy. I added some yellow to the pages where there was no washi. I then added some of the Curators Botanical Postage Stamp Washi Tape, some Spectrum Sherbet - 6x8 Palettes Rub on Transfers and the beautiful Spectrum Sherbet - 6x8 Leaves Rub on Transfers. I used rub on letters and white paint pens to add the quote to the page, outlining it with black marker. To finish off I add splashes of watery white paint.

Blogger won't let me upload a good quality video. You can see a better one HERE on 49 and Market's Youtube Channel

49 and Market Products Used:


Until Next Time
Happy Creating
Audrey

No comments: