Sunday, June 19, 2022

Lavender Hues - Journal

Hi there with another journal. I started by covering the album with the new ARToptions Viken Fabric Tape. Using the tape did make for a great and quick way to decorate the album. It was the inside that took that little bit longer. Once I had applied the fabric tape to the entire album I reinforced each end of the tape with some glue for added durability, especially where it met the folds of the album.

I covered some foam letters using paper from the ARToptions Viken 12x12 Collection pack and glued them in place. To make the fabric bow I used a long strip of the ARToptions Viken Fabric Tape, the widest tape. I folded it in half length ways so it stuck to itself. Made up the bow and stuck it in place with hot glue.

I cut pages for each section of the album from the ARToptions Viken 12x12 Collection pack, along with strips so I could adhere the pages together to form booklets. I mad three for inside the album. 

I decorated the pages with pockets and little tuck spots for mini decorated pads of paper for extra journaling, for tags and ephemera from various packs that matched my theme. The journal pages were decorated and embellished with all sorts of 49 and Market goodies that also complimented the ARToptions Viken Collection. I made tabs from tickets, washi tape, emphemera, fabric tape and more. I cut tags from leftover trimmed pages, added rub on transfers and coloured thread. 

The ARToptions Viken 12x12 Rub on Transfers and divine and made pages pop with colour and design.

I used a variety of Rub on transfers from the collection of transfers in 49 and Markets range throughout the a Journal. These really made the extra doilies and lined paper I added for journaling so much prettier.

I'm not sure if I will gift this journal but I do know I really enjoyed the process and am already making another. This little creation and it's entries will be protected for ever more by the hard cover and the beautiful lavender hues.


You Can  see a run through video HERE on the 49 and Market YouTube Channel

49 and market Product Used:

 

ArtOptions Viken - Fabric Tape AssortmentARToptions Viken 12x12 Collection Paper Pack

ARToptions Viken - Ephemera Bits

ARToptions Viken -6x8 Rub-on Transfer SetSpectrum Tidal Wave Laser Cut Elements

Until Next Time
Happy Creating
Audrey x

No comments: