Friday, November 4, 2022

You are Strong - Layout

I loved playing with the NEW ARToptions Plum Grove by 49 and Market and to add to my inspiration I was given the most enchanting photo of Nora in costume for a photo shoot. For the left hand side of the layout, from the Artoptions Plum Grove 12x12 Collection Pack I chose the  Flight of Fancies paper as my base. I then took the Coloured Foundations 1 paper from ARToptions Plum Grove - Coloured Foundations Pack, ripped a panel from the full sheet then cut some from the bottom, glued it to the base so you could see a frame of the base paper and leaving the edge free of adhesive so if I wanted to I could tuck anything under it. 

Then ripped a panel of the Blossom paper from Artoptions Plum Grove 12x12 Collection Packcut some from the bottom so the Foundations paper framed it. Glued it in place, leaving the edge free again of adhesive so if I wanted to, I could tuck anything under it. If you regularly use 49 and Market's papers you may have noticed that the barcode strip in the paper that we usually dispose of with other brands has one side with a pattern or words that can be used on your creations. So check them out before you throw them away. I've used a strip with some stitching on it between the two panels then some ticket from ARToptions Plum Grove Laser cut Elements. Speaking of the laser cuts, you have to check out the ARToptions Plum Grove Laser cut Wildflowers,,,, they are amazing!! So delicate and fine.

Another NEW product I'm so very excited about is the Vintage Artistry 12x12 Sentiments Rub-on Transfer Sheets. I've used the Serenity  transfers, picking the word 'You' and rubbed it onto white card. I then carefully cut the word out, to use as a stand alone title for my page. Inked the edges and then found a watercolour pencil that  matched the Plum Grove colours and added some plum toned accents to the rub on. Starting with a light coat and applying more colour until I was happy with the tone and I feel it's matched perfectly. 
I mounted the photo on some foam mount, applied mainly to the back centre of the photo and stuck it in place, in the centre of the page. I tucked that awesome orange ornate frame from ARToptions Plum Grove Laser Cut Elements, along with part of a fussy cut frame to the right, behind the photo. I then made a collection or Laser cut wildflowers, Laser Cuts, flowers, butterflies, ephemera and the word 'You' to the bottom right of the photo.
Now for the collection of beautiful laser cut, leaves, flowers and that awesome arched window from the ARToptions Alena - Laser Cut Outs, to the left of the photo. I took a piece of clear acetate and cut it to size to sit behind the window but carefully ripped the top right hand corner off so that it looked like a broken window. I then rubbed some floral 6x8 Plum Grove rub on transfers onto the acetate and stuck it in place behind the window. I stuck the window down using foam mount for added depth. To finish off, I then hot glued the mixed floral collection around the window until I was happy with how much I'd used. 

49 and Market - Products Used
Blossom 
I used -   Coloured Foundations 1 

No comments: