Friday, May 28, 2021

Wabi-sabi Butterfly Tag

Hi there. I'm back with my next DT project for 49 and Market
I love my scrapbooking but sometimes I just don't have time to do a page or my mojo is not showing up to play. So I just take out my art journal or some paper etc. and just fiddle around playing in the hope something shows up to play and create with me. 
Tags are a great way to start something small. If you get it finished you can use it on a page, on a card or in your journal. Or not! and just keep adding to the pile like I do sometimes.
I created a short video of how I put the tag together. The title came about because the tag nearly ended up in the bin. I made a bit of a booboo near the end of the tag but embraced the Japanese way of Wabi-Sabi, which basically means to 'embrace imperfection'. So I kept going and in the end quite liked what came to be.
I used the NEW Vintage Artistry Hike More paper for this little tag. The Vintage Artistry Hike More - Journal Cards piece, which by the way make great tags, along with the Hike More Rub-On Transfers,   a Vintage Artistry Essentials File frame, some texture added with the lace and Jute, all from 49 and Market and to finish it off some shading with watercolour pencils and a splash of paint. Take a look at the video to see how it all came together. 
I tried to upload the video to Blogger but it said it was to big 😢
You can see it HERE on the 49 and Market YouTube Channel.
You may also be able to see it on my Instagram at audreys_creative_corner HERE

Laser Cut sheet from Vintage Artistry Essentials 12x12 Pack
I did only end up using the tiniest of word strips from the laser cut pack.
Until Next Time
Happy Creating
Audrey x

No comments: