Saturday, September 25, 2021

Autumn Hues - Journal Page

The beautiful hues of Autumn are hitting the Northern Hemisphere and that's just what I've tried to express on this Art Journal spread. Using just the tones of the season with the NEW Vintage Artistry In the Leaves by 49 and Market.

I've always been a lover of a rustic aged, distressed looks, both in artwork and around my home, although these days the autumn tones are more in my papercraft and the distressed white is in my home. So when I seen the NEW Vintage Artistry Essentials - Whitewash Chipboard Frames and the NEW Vintage Artistry Essentials Square Stitched Frames I couldn't help myself! I added just a hint of metallic gold, copper and green to match the Vintage Artistry In the Leaves Collection, some dark shading with water colour pencils and then a splash of white paint to finish it off. To see exactly what I've done check out the video shared on the 49 and Market Youtube channel HERE.


I know I often say how much I love the Rub-on Transfers made by 49 and Market. So brace yourself because I'm say'n' it again!! These glide on like butter. Here I've scrunched paper so there is lots of creases and crevasses then applied the rub - ons. I was worried they wouldn't adhere. I just made sure I rubbed them in really well. Even after lifting the application sheet, I used my finger to rub over them firmly. And,,,, there they have stayed!! I've painted over them with metallic paint and watercolours and still they stayed. I love the resist effect they give. And still they stayed....... 
⮝The awesome laser cuts in the 6x8 pack ⮝

Until Next time 
Happy Creating



No comments: